This conference was aimed at church leaders and anyone involved in leading ministry with older people so they were better resourced to inspire, equip and empower those in the second half of life to live for Christ.
For those in the second half of life, or those wanting some practical ideas about engaging older people in their community.
An online seminars hosted in April 2021 by Keswick Ministries and the Faraday Institute.
- Dr Denis Alexander explores the relationship between science and the Christian faith, and looks at one hot potato, Covid-19 and vaccination. Denis is Emeritus Director of The Faraday Institute for Science and Religion and Emeritus Fellow of St Edmund’s College, Cambridge.
2. Dr Ruth Valerio carefully walks through the Bible and shows why and how care for creation is part of the gospel mandate. Ruth is Global Advocacy and Influencing Director for Tearfund.
3. David Randall looks at fundamental issues of human identity from a Christian perspective. David is a doctor working in renal medicine in London and conducting academic research into the development of kidney disease at the William Harvey Research Institute, Queen Mary University of London.
An online seminar hosted on October 15th 2020 by Keswick Ministries and Faith in Later Life on the topic ‘Enabling those in later life to flourish’. The seminar has been divided into several parts:
- Dr Garry Williams shares some theological reflections on old age, and how we in later life are image-bearers of Christ and him crucified.
3. Q+A with Dr Garry Williams, Carl Knightly and Debs Fidler
Catch up on a series of three Preaching Online workshops aimed at helping preachers adapt to online ministry, a changed triggered by the Covid-19 crisis. They were held in May 2020 and were led by Richard Garnett, communications consultant and preaching trainer, and with James Robson, Ministry Director of Keswick Ministries.
Preaching online: The first workshop tackled two critical questions for communicating online.
Delegates were asked to prepare for the workshop by looking at these two videos.
1) How to present to camera: The ministry ‘Speak Life’ gives 10 vital points on presenting to camera
2) Communicating to the camera: The ministry ‘The Pastor’s Heart’ shares what TV professionals want preachers to know about communicating to camera.
In this second session, Richard explores how preachers can make exegetical points without a full scripts, but with impact.
Delegates were asked to prepare for the workshop by watching Richard Garnett’s video ‘The Power of Picture’. The video makes the point that, for any idea to be understood, it has to be communicated visually.
In this final session, Richard explores the question “How can we preach online so that people don’t just learn more but become more like Christ?”
Delegates were asked to prepare for the workshop by watching these two videos. Both challenge listeners to a radical commitment to live as Jesus commands us to live, and make a compelling case that preachers should be committed to communicating this challenge.