The successful candidate will work as part of the Facilities Team. Assisting the Accommodation Manager to prepare accommodation and facilities for guests. This will involve changeovers, laundry, general cleaning and preparation of event spaces for meetings and groups.
Additionally, there will be a requirement to assist in the preparation and maintenance of facilities for the annual Keswick Convention.
It is important to note that there is a requirement to be flexible in regard to hours worked. It is intended that there will be on site accommodation provided.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ability to align themselves to the values and mission of KM, including practising a personal Christian faith.
- Good organisational skills.
- Motivation and be energetic with integrity and with the ability to work to deadlines.
- Willingness to do the tasks necessary to provide a clean, safe and suitable environment for guests.
- Willingness to work as part of a wider team and learn new skills.
- An eye for seeing areas that require improvement and preparation.
Experience working in hospitality would be advantageous.
Working Hours:20 Hours
Reports to Accommodation Manager
To ensure the facilities are kept clean and tidy.
To ensure that necessary items (laundry, chemicals, equipment) are available and ready for use.
To change over rooms for overnight guests and groups.
Skiddaw Street Centre
- Change over of rooms as required
- Clean general areas including periodic deep clean of rooms.
- Making sure the centre is ready for guests.
- Laundry as required. (External company supplies laundry)
- Meeting guests and responding to issues if required.
- Weekly clean of offices.
- Weekly clean of Halls.
- Meeting hirers and responding to issues if required.
- Assisting with preparation of spaces for teaching and training and other events and hires throughout the year (Including Suite and eventually Pencil Factory).
- Assist in preparing of facilities prior to convention.
- Ensure cleaning chemicals and equipment are available prior to convention.
- Maintain stock of cleaning chemicals and equipment during convention.
This is a new facility being developed. Initially, minimal involvement will be required but this may increase as the use of the facility increases
- Weekly clean of any spaces used.
It is expected that all staff model KM’s Values in every aspect of their work.
Salary: £14,000 – £16,000 F/T – Pro rata P/T plus on-site accommodation based on qualification and experience.
Hours: Initially 20hr per week increasing as need arises
Date of Interviews: Week commencing 24 January 2022
Start Date: As soon as possible after interview
Please note we are also looking for an Accommodation Manager and this role can be part of a married couple with the experience and skills to cover both roles.
Keswick Ministries exists to inspire and equip Christians to love and live for Christ in His world. As this position may involve explaining and demonstrating the Christian faith, as well as participating in and leading staff devotions, there is an Occupational Requirement that the post holder be a practising Christian.