Volunteer: Base Camp Team
What Will I be Doing?
You will be:
- Facilitating the smooth running of the multipurpose venue throughout the day
- Briefed on health and safety procedures and take responsible action when required
- Monitoring and directing delegate traffic around the venue
- Ensure the venue is clean and tidy at all times
- Support exhibitors to be able to flourish
- Welcoming and supporting delegates as they engage with the venue
- Seek to answer any questions delegates may have
- Being enthusiastic about God’s Mission and our part in it
- Assist with set up (Sat) and pack down (Fri) each week
- Attending venue team briefing and whole venue meeting on Saturday
- Supporting other teams if needs arise
- Assisting with whatever is needed behind the scenes
What Skills and Experience do I Need?
You will need to:
- Be cheerful even when tired
- Use initiative as well as take direction
- Work well in a team
- Enjoy talking to people and assisting people with a variety of needs
- Have lots of energy, patience, a sense of humour and flexibility!
- Have a desire to serve and help
- Have the physical ability for regularly being on your feet, lifting and shifting
- Have a good level of spoken English
- Have the ability to work under a team leader – following clear direction
- Be ready to support other teams if/when a need comes up
When and Where Will I be Working?
- You will be working in Base Camp
- Base Camp is open from 8:30am-10:30pm with a closure for an evening meal.
- You will be on a rota, working roughly 9 hours a day with breaks
- You will be expected to arrive in time for a briefing meeting on Saturday afternoon, and then be on duty each day until departure the following Saturday morning.
Volunteers are required to:
be aged 18 years or older
be a committed Christian who is regularly attending and active in a local church
be able to complete an online application and provide details of 2 referees – one who must be a leader within your church. Neither can be related to you.
if asked, able to obtain a clear Enhanced DBS check for Keswick Ministries
confirm their agreement to and abide with the Keswick Ministries beliefs, values & code of conduct
Full-time volunteers will receive:
three meals a day
reimbursement of reasonable travel expenses