More specifically, the successful candidate will be responsible for the managing and promotion of bookings, including preparation of facilities for groups and guests. The post holder will also be responsible for hospitality at the Skiddaw Centre, including managing changeover days, welcoming groups to the centre, working with other members of the staff team to clean and prepare the centre for groups, and the general décor and furniture of the centre.
Additionally, there will be a requirement to assist in the preparation of facilities for the annual Keswick Convention.
This is an exciting time for an Accommodation and Events Manager to be joining KM as we work on developing our Pencil Factory and Skiddaw Centre sites. The post holder will have the opportunity to play a key role in helping to establish and develop the function and use of these facilities.
- Competitive base salary
- Permanent job role
- Active and growing organisation
- Flexible working hours based on activity
The successful candidate will have:
- Ability to align themselves to the values and mission of KM, including practising a personal Christian faith.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate both orally in person, by telephone and in writing.
- Strong organisational skills, able to plan and prepare for future groups whilst running the day to day needs of the groups onsite at any one time
- High competency in computer use particularly Microsoft office, Video Conferencing.
- Motivation and be energetic with integrity and with the ability to work to deadlines
- Willingness to do the tasks necessary to provide a welcoming environment for guests.
- Willingness to work as part of a wider team and learn new skills.
- Experience working in a Christian Residential Setting and managing people would also be advantageous.
Working hours: 37.5 per week
Reports to Facilities Manager
Management of facilities with regard to bookings and events; seeking to deliver agreed occupancy stream. Assisting the Facilities Manager to plan improvements and develop the facilities. Management of facilities with regard to its safe operation, e.g. fire alarm testing and making guests aware of safety and evacuation procedures. Sharing additional planning, arranging and preparation of facilities and infrastructure for Convention. Line management of housekeeping.
Primary responsibilities of the job.
The following are more specific but not exhaustive.
It is important to note that there is a requirement to be flexible in regard to hours worked. It is intended that there will be on site accommodation provided to allow speedy response to guest issues.
- Typical across Skiddaw Street Centre and Rawnsley Centre
- Management of bookings, groups and AirBnB.
- Management of safe operation of facility.
- Welcome guests and make aware of safety and evacuation procedures.
- Making sure the facility is ready for guests.
- Responding to issues if required.
- Assist in planning improvements to develop the facilities.
- Assist in the creation of publicity, website and promotional materials as well as administrative documents and procedures.
Skiddaw Street Tenants
- Responding to issues as required.
- Assisting management team to plan and deliver necessary facilities and infrastructure.
- Managing accommodation needs for volunteers.
This is a new facility being developed. Initially, minimal involvement will be required but this may increase as the use of the facility increases
- General Management as point 1 above.
- Assist in promotion and publicity to increase use.
It is expected that all staff model KM’s Values in every aspect of their work.
Salary: £18,000 – £21,750 plus on site accommodation
Date of Interviews: Week commencing 24 January 2022
Start Date: As soon as possible after interview
Keswick Ministries exists to inspire and equip Christians to love and live for Christ in His world. As this position may involve explaining and demonstrating the Christian faith, as well as participating in and leading staff devotions, there is an Occupational Requirement that the post holder be a practising Christian.
Please note we are also looking for Housekeeping and Events Support and this role can be part of a married couple with the experience and skills to cover both roles.