Keswick Ministries is committed to the spiritual renewal of God’s people for his mission in the world. There are three fundamental convictions which shape all we do: hearing God’s Word, becoming like God’s Son and serving God’s mission.
Watch our corporate video to see the people behind what we simply call “Keswick”.
Keswick Ministries is committed to the spiritual renewal of God’s people for his mission in the world.
God’s purpose is to bring his blessing to all the nations of the world (Gen12:3). That promise of blessing, which touches every aspect of human life, is ultimately fulfilled through the life, death, resurrection, ascension and future return of Christ. All of the people of God are called to participate in his missionary purposes, wherever he may place them. The central vision of Keswick Ministries is to see the people of God equipped, encouraged and refreshed to fulfil that calling, directed and guided by God’s Word in the power of his Spirit, for the glory of his Son.
Keswick: the event
Every summer the town of Keswick hosts a three-week Convention, which attracts some 15,000 Christians from the UK and around the world. The event provides Bible teaching for all ages, vibrant worship, a sense of unity across generations and denominations, and an inspirational call to serve Christ in the world. It caters for children of all ages and has a strong youth and young adult programme. And it all takes place in the beautiful Lake District - a perfect setting for rest, recreation and refreshment.
Keswick: the movement
For over 140 years the work of Keswick has impacted churches worldwide, and today the movement is underway throughout the UK, as well as in many parts of Europe, Asia, North America, Australia, Africa and the Caribbean. Keswick Ministries is committed to strengthen the network in the UK and beyond, through prayer, news, pioneering and cooperative activity.
Keswick Ministries is producing a growing range of books and booklets based on the core foundations of Christian life and mission. It makes Bible teaching available through free access to mp3 downloads, and the sale of DVDs and CDs. It broadcasts on-line through Clayton TV and annual BBC Radio 4 services. In addition to the summer Convention, Keswick Ministries is hoping to develop other teaching and training events in the coming years.
Keswick Ministries seeks to serve the local church through:
Hearing God’s Word:
the scriptures are the foundation for the church’s life, growth and mission, and Keswick Ministries is committed to preach and teach God’s Word in a way which is faithful to scripture and relevant to Christians of all ages and backgrounds.
Becoming like God’s Son:
from its earliest days the Keswick movement has encouraged Christians to live godly lives in the power of the Spirit, to grow in Christ-likeness and to live under his Lordship in every area of life. This is God’s will for his people in every culture and generation.
Serving God’s mission:
the authentic response to God’s Word is obedience to his mission, and the inevitable result of Christ-likeness is sacrificial service. Keswick Ministries seeks to encourage committed discipleship in family life, work and society, and energetic engagement in the cause of world mission.
- There is one God in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- God is sovereign in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
- The Bible, as originally given, is the inspired and infallible Word of God. It is the supreme authority in all matters of belief and behaviour.
- Since the fall, the whole of humankind is sinful and guilty, so that everyone is subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- The Lord Jesus Christ, God’s incarnate Son, is fully God; he was born of a virgin; his humanity is real and sinless; he died on the cross, was raised bodily from death and is now reigning over heaven and earth.
- Sinful human beings are redeemed from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only through the sacrificial death once and for all time of their representative and substitute, Jesus Christ, the only mediator between them and God.
- Those who believe in Christ are pardoned all their sins and accepted in God’s sight only because of the righteousness of Christ credited to them; this justification is God’s act of undeserved mercy, received solely by trust in him and not by their own efforts.
- The Holy Spirit alone makes the work of Christ effective to individual sinners, enabling them to turn to God from their sin and to trust in Jesus Christ.
- The Holy Spirit lives in all those he has regenerated. He makes them increasingly Christ-like in character and behaviour and gives them power for their witness in the world.
- The one holy universal church is the Body of Christ, to which all true believers belong.
- The Lord Jesus Christ will return in person, to judge everyone, to execute God’s just condemnation on those who have not repented and to receive the redeemed to eternal glory.
The Keswick movement worldwide has adopted a key Pauline statement to describe its gospel inclusivity: ‘for you are all one in Christ Jesus’ (Gal 3:28). Keswick Ministries works with evangelicals from a wide variety of church backgrounds, on the understanding that they share a commitment to the essential truths of the Christian faith as set out in our statement of belief. All who speak on behalf of Keswick Ministries are asked to display sensitivity and generosity of spirit on the wide range of issues where evangelicals, in good conscience, hold a variety of opinions. Founded on our unity in Christ and our shared understanding of evangelical truth, we expect those who minister among us to expound scripture with clarity and faithfulness, but respectfully ask them not to use the Keswick platform to campaign for particular positions on such secondary issues. Recognising that scripture allows for legitimate difference on such matters (Romans 14:1-15:13), we lay these aside for the purposes of our ministry together.
Our work together
We are committed to Christ-like relationships of honesty, generosity and integrity in all areas of work. We want our relationships to be governed by fundamental Biblical imperatives, including:
- The dignity and worth of all human beings
- A willingness to forgive and to restore broken relationships
- Mutual help, encouragement and support
- Openness, integrity and honesty in speech and behaviour
- A commitment to one another through sacrificial service
- A commitment to team work, serving under the guidance of the designated team leader
- The centrality of prayer, seeking God’s grace for all aspects of our relationships and work
Lifestyle, morality and personal example
The Keswick movement has always sought to highlight the call to Christlikeness. Holiness and practical godliness has been part of our DNA as an event and as a movement. We therefore seek to live in accordance with Biblical guidelines in all areas of life, with truth and integrity in our relationships, attitudes and behavior. We are called to a distinctive lifestyle of discipleship.
Our ministry requires us to demonstrate that lifestyle, especially as we are likely to influence others, including in our work amongst children and young people. Such a lifestyle includes regular Bible reading and prayer and active involvement in a local church. It is marked by a selfless attitude to money, possessions, time, work, leisure, social action and relationships. It demonstrates moral standards, including an acceptance that the only appropriate place for a sexual relationship is within a marriage between a man and a woman.
Whilst we recognise that as fallen people we often fall short of this ideal, we believe that God’s grace and forgiveness are always available to those who repent. We nevertheless expect that all those working with us will affirm these principles and be committed to work towards achieving such a lifestyle with God’s help.
Our contact details T: 017687 80075 E: firstname.lastname@example.org www: keswickministries.org Mail: Keswick Ministries, Keswick Convention Centre, Skiddaw Street, Keswick, CA12 4BY England